Tuesday, March 26, 2013

2:24 A.M.

                                                 Christa getting her pattern cut out.
                                                             Amy sewing her pajama pants

So for the last week or so I have been waking up every morning at exactly 2:24. It is starting to creep me out. Now I keep thinking something bad is going to happen at 2:24 a.m. Of course the more I think about it the harder it is to get back to sleep.....

On Friday night Rick and  I joined Amy, Adam, Josie and Adam's mom at Liam's talent show. It is for kindergartners though 3rd grade. Liam's teacher had his whole class sing a cute little song. When we got there they give you a program and it said there was 34 acts. My fist thought was that we were going to be there all night. Thank goodness they limited them all to about 2 minutes so it went pretty fast. Some of the acts were pretty cute. Liam was very excited that Rick and I came.

Yesterday Amy and Christa came over for a little sewing lesson. Amy made a couple pairs of pajama pants for herself and Liam. She did pretty good other then sewing the legs together wrong on the first try :) She also wanted to make Josie a Easter dress but we ran out of time. She got it cut out and is going to come over on Thursday night so I can help her.   Christa wanted to make a dress for Easter and learn how to sew in a zipper so her project took a little longer. We were not sure what size to make for her and since sewing patterns tend to run small I told her to go one size up from her measurements. Huge mistake! The dress ended up being way to big for her. I took in the sides but it was still to big. I was so upset that told her to make the wrong size. I think I can get it fixed but we will have to take a lot of it apart. At least we had not done the neck and sleeves yet so that will make it a little easier to fix. I should have know better then to have her make it all up without really trying it on her. She did do a good job on the sewing so that is a good thing.

I am going to have a busy week getting ready for Easter. Last night Rick and I went to Hyvee and picked up the ham. Now I have to get the store sometime this week and get everything else. To bad I have to work the next 4 days. Well 3 if you don't count today.

I have parking updates to get done this week since the students start coming back on Friday. So I guess I better get to it.

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment