Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Zombies, Easter Eggs and Deer

                                                My Zombie Birthday Cake


                                            Rick helping color the Easter Eggs
 All the kids running around the yard looking for the Easter Eggs full of candy as the adults looked on
                                     Liam dashing around looking for eggs
                      Oliver laughing at his Uncle Nick making faces at him
            All of looking at the treasures Grandma Becker brought for us to check out


         One of the two deer that came up into the yard in the middle of the afternoon for a snack
                        Eli put himself into the dog kennel, he thought he was pretty funny
 This is Amy and she did the most shocking thing on Easter Sunday. Yes that right she DID THE DISHES!!!!!!!

What a great weekend! It was my 51st birthday on Saturday. We went to New Richland for lunch with Ricks mom and most of the Rugroden family. Rick surprised me by having Jese and Christa make me a birthday cake. Since he knows how much I love reading zombie books and watching the Walking Dead he had them make a zombie cake. Jese did a great job on it. I think it was the best birthday cake I have ever had!

Sunday was of course Easter. Rick and I hosted the Becker family. It all went very good. I think everyone had a good time. It was so cold and windy out but we held the Easter Egg hunt outside anyhow. The kids had lots of fun running around trying to find the 100 plus eggs Rick and I hid in the morning. Monday morning I found two that they missed, I wonder how many more I will find.....We all ate too much food and I am really wishing that everyone would have ate just a little more candy since I seem to have over bought for the eggs. Now I have a bowl full of candy that is always calling my name!

I was happy that I had Monday and Tuesday off too. Yesterday I was sitting in the office when I looked out the window I saw two deer just walking up to the bird feeder. I know they are up there at night but I don't usually see them in the middle of the day. I was able to take a couple of pictures before the dogs spotted them and started barking and they ran away.

Today I ran to Menards with Rick and got a new screen door for the basement porch. We are also going to order a new sliding glass door for the three season porch. We looked at Menards and did not like any of them. I think we are going to order one from the lumber yard. That is where we got our windows and we like them.

Tomorrow it is back to work for me. It is going to be a busy day since the students came back from spring break over the weekend. I will have lots of parking updates to take care of.

I am looking forward to the 50 degree day they promised for tomorrow. When I get home from work Rick and I are going to try and go for a run or maybe even a bike ride. I am excited to get back outside working out!

Later Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment