Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bad Puppy Mommy....

I am a bad puppy Mommy. Dexter has been licking his foot like crazy. Now he always licks his feet because he has allergies so I did not pay much attention to it when he started to lick one more the he normally does. Just over a weeks ago we came home and Dexter had blood all over his foot. He would not let me get near it but I could not really see any cut or anything on it. I figured he must have had a small cut on it and because he was licking at it that it had started to bleed. Well he would not leave it alone and some days it look just fine and others it looked a little swelled up. It was hard to see since he had so much fur on it and he was not letting me really get a good look at it.
Well yesterday he had his regular grooming appointment at the vet, so I asked them to have a look at it. When I came to pick him up they told me he had an abscessed toe. Poor Dexter did not have a good day. They said that the vet shaved off most of the fur on his toes and cleaned and drained it. They also gave him a shot for pain and a shot of antibiotics. He has to be on antibiotics for 10 days. I guess it was not good when they were working on his foot. I am glad I was not there when they doing it, I would have been in tears. I felt so bad that I did not take him in right away.  He was so sad when he got home. Hopefully this takes care of it and it gets all better.

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment