Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"I had been to visitations before and have been to many since and I've come to understand that there's a good deal of value in the ritual accompanying death. It's hard to say goodbye and almost impossible to accomplish this alone and ritual is the railing we hold to, all of us together, that keeps us upright and connected until the worst is past." -from Ordinary Grace

This is probably one of the best books I have read in a very long time. I cannot recommend it enough. If there is one book that you read this year I would say read Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger  It is a touching story of a family in 1961 and how they deal with the tragedy and death of people they love. It is written through the eyes of a 13 year old boy. The book is so well written it pulls you into the story from the beginning. It made me smile and it made me cry.  I can just not say enough about this beautiful, touching book......

Happy Reading
Sharon   


No comments:

Post a Comment