Friday, March 15, 2013

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy. Benjamin Franklin

I was looking for a happy quote today and found the one above and thought it was a good one so I figured I better share a picture of some wine.

I have not been up to much the last few days. I decided to take Wed. off of work after the funeral on Tuesday. It was just so sad and I was exhausted. Since I can have up to three days off and it was a day when we had double coverage all day I took it off. I was glad I did. I slept till almost 8:30 on Wed. morning.

I decided that I would host Easter this year for the Becker family. I have never hosted Easter so I am kind of excited. I really hope that the snow melts and it gets a little warmer before then so we can have an Easter egg hunt outside. Since I am having people here I decided that I better have a few Easter decorations. So I started with these jars...
I think they turned out pretty cute. I just use left over paint that I had around the house. The dark blue one got a little messy because I was talking to Cassie on the phone while I was doing it, maybe not the smartest thing to do. I planted some houseplants in them. I figured they will outgrow them pretty fast but they look cute now so I don't care.

Yesterday I went to Owatonna and ordered myself another pair of glasses. I really like the ones I got month or so ago but they are so fragile that I am afraid I am going to break them when we go camping etc. So I got myself a little more sturdy pair. I figure glasses are like shoes....you can never have enough.
While I was in Owatonna I stopped at Kohls because the bathroom rugs we had were falling apart. And agains since I am hosting Easter I wanted to have the bathroom look nice. Well I went for rugs and came out with a whole new bathroom set. Yep I got a new shower curtain, rugs. towels and toothbrush holder. I had to because it was all on sale and I had an extra 20% off and a $10.00 gift card for my birthday. So how could I say no. Rick even said it was a good improvement and really brightens the bathroom up.
Lastly I stopped at Walmart and got some Easter fabric so I can make some cloth napkins for Easter. I figured I would have cloth napkins since we are going to use paper plates :)

Oh I almost forgot that yesterday was a an exciting day because I got tickets for Jane and myself to go to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers in June. I got us excellent seats because I got them on the pre-sale. It pays to sign myself up on all those radio stations and venue pages for emails. It is not very often that I cannot get pre sale tickets to what every I want to see. It should be lots and fun, Jane and I are both excited to have a fun girls night out.

Today I figure I better get the laundry done and get the house clean so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. I guess I might even cook supper :)

Lastly I have to mention that today would have been my Grandma's 92nd birthday. So Happy Birthday Grandma, I hope you are celebrating with Grandpa by your side.

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment