Friday, March 8, 2013

"All that lives, lives forever. Only the shell, the perishable passes away. The spirit is without end. Eternal. Deathless" -Nate-Six Feet Under

Today I lost my Grandma. 41 days ago Grandpa left this world and now Grandma went to join him up in heaven. God is lucky to have them both.

Grandma Trenda was a great grandma. I have so many memories of being with her as a child. She was always out in the audience when we had those Dress Reviews for 4-H. Grandma was a excellent seamstress and she passed it on to her daughter who in turn passed it on to me. I think she enjoyed watching us in the Dress Reviews and seeing how her talent had gotten passed down.

We spent so many Sundays at Grandma and Grandpa's farm to visit with everyone. Grandma always had a great supper made for us. And every time no mater what day it was Grandma always had kolaches  for us. No one can make a kolachy like Grandma could.

Grandma was such a hard worker. She worked in the drapery department in Ochs department store in Faribault for many many years. After school when I was young we use to walk downtown and go sit with Grandma at Ochs and visit with her and do our homework until my Mom would pick us up from work. She even got me a job in Ochs one year wrapping Christmas gifts for a few weeks.

Grandma loved to garden. Her and Grandpa spend many many hours out in the garden. She also canned many of the things she grew. She and Grandpa sold many of the vegetables and her famous kolachy's at the farmers market in Northfield. She also got many purple ribbons at the Rice County fair for the open class for all of her vegetables. She was so proud of them. And we were of her. It was always fun to go to the fair with friends and say "look this is my Grandma's,"

Grandma and Grandpa did a lot of traveling and Grandma always brought us a little something back from every trip she took. Even if it was just a shell neckless from Hawaii or a silver dollar from Vegas it did not matter because we knew that Grandma had thought of us on her trip. I still have  many of those things that Grandma gave me.

In resent years Grandma had started to lose her memory. It was hard on everyone when she started to forget who we were, but she never forgot Grandpa, the love of her life. I  think that God decided to end her suffering and reunited her with Grandpa. Grandma and Grandpa are now in heaven looking down at all of us, there children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.

I love you Grandma and we all will miss you.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment