Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"There are all sorts of losses people suffer-from the small to the large. You can lose your keys, your glasses, your virginity. You can lose your head, you can lose your heart, you can lose your mind. You can relinquish your home to move into assisted living, or have a child move overseas, or see a spouse vanish into dementia. Loss is more then just death, and grief is the gray shape-shifter of emotion." -Jodi Picoult The Storyteller

I just finished reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. She is  a good author and I have read several of her books. She did not disappoint in her latest book.  The book is about the Holocaust and really about how is still affecting people today. It made me cry when I read it. It is a very powerful book and gives you so much to think about.  I would really recommend this book to everyone. 

I have to say I am not loving all the snow we have been getting the last two days. I am so ready for spring. I was pretty much irate today by the time I got to work. I got behind someone on Hwy 60, which was plowed and in good driving shape that was going 35 mph, there was a line of about 20 cars behind them. I was finally able to get past that person when I got into Faribo. Of course as soon as I got onto Hwy 3, which was also plowed and in good driving shape, I got behind someone that was going 25 mph! I could not believe it! Finally I was able to pass them, alone with several other cars that had been stuck behind him. After we all go pass the person we were able to drive 55 mph with no trouble. Really if you are that afraid to drive on the snow then stay off the roads!!!! Okay I am done ranting.....

Later Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment