Sunday, January 27, 2013

This is my space.....

              This is what my sewing room looked like before I got started with my remodel, also notice the chair because I did a little remodeling on that too....
              The room had  ugly dark paneling on one wall
                  This was the big wall before I did anything to it
                                 Another shot of the paneled wall
         This is the after! The panel wall is now painted white and the chair is now painted to match the room
       This is a shot of the big wall. The ceiling panels are messed up because we are putting another light  in.
      I painted all the doors and we got some baseboards and I painted up. Rick put it on for me. On the wall is part of my sad iron trivet collection.
 Here is my sewing cabinet. I wish I had taken a picture of it before. It is just a junk cabinet that was not worth anything. Since I could not afford to have the sewing cabinet of dreams made I decided that I would just paint the one I had. I think it turned out good.
 I got the thread holder the day after Thanksgiving for half price. This is what started me wanting to fix up my sewing room. I just could not hang it up until I had the room looking nice.
 I found this old advertisement a long time ago when I was going through some old magazines. It was in a bridal magazine that my Mom had from when she got married. The hooks and eyes and needles I have had forever, they came in a box of old sewing stuff that come from an auction. The other things are mini trivets
 I love this shelf! It came out of Rick's Dad's garage. When his Mom moved out of the house we were looking around the garage I saw it. It was covered it dirt and had at one time been painted white. I took one look at it and knew I had to have it. It is perfect for all of my sad irons. I have been collecting them for a long time and it nice to be able to display them.
I had these frames so I painted them up to match the room. I am going to put some vintage sewing patterns in them. I could not bring myself to paint the the chair that I use when I sew since it is a real antique.

I am so happy to finally have my sewing room almost done. The only thing left to do is to get some shades for the window and Rick needs to install one more light for me. I think it turned out very good. The room was so dark and does not get hardly any natural light since the window is under the deck. I wanted it to be bright so I pick out  some fun bright colors. I love antiques and was happy that I was able to display some of them in my room. I now have a room that I am going to be excited to use when I am sewing.  I guess I will need to start a new sewing project now!

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment