Monday, January 21, 2013

Painting, sewing class, pizza and HEAD LICE!!!

Josie wanted to wear a summer dress so she put a shirt under it, in a 3 year old's eyes they match because they both have flowers on....
                                              Sewing class at the Jensen house
                                              Learning how to cut out a pattern
                                                                 Cassie's finished skirt


So on Friday Amy calls me in a total panic. She was pretty much hyperventilating on the phone. She said Liam had a letter in his school folder that said head lice was going around school and to check your children for it. Well this set Amy into a panic, she was sure she had it because her head was itching like crazy. She wanted me to check her head for it, she said she was on her way to my house! So like a good mommy I checked her head as she panicked even more. It was pretty funny, her neck was breaking out in hives as I was checking her because she was in such a panic. She  DOES NOT have head lice! She was all panicked for nothing. If nothing else I got a good laugh for the day.

Thursday and Friday I pretty much spent the day in the basement painting. I got the first and second coats on all the trim and the first on the doors on Thursday. Friday I finished up the doors and got two coats of paint on the walls. I really like it, it is so much brighter now. I had hoped to get at least the primer on the sewing cabinet but I ran out of time. I did manage get it moved back into the room and get all the handles taken off if it. Hopefully I will find time to get it painted this week.

Saturday I went up to Cassie's house to give a little sewing class to Cassie and a couple of her friends. They had decided that they wanted to make a simple skirt so they got all there supplies and we were off. I taught them how to cut out a pattern and how to read it and then helped them all sew it. They all did good and I think they all had fun. The skirts all turned out nice and even fit them all :) I think next time we will work on how to put in a zipper and buttonholes. 

Once sewing class was done Linda met Cassie and I and we went up to Minneapolis. I had gotten a deal on Living Social for glasses at EyesWear  It is a little shop in Minneapolis that just sells the glasses, they do not do eye exams there. Anyhow the deal was for $9.00 I could get up to $310. on glasses frames. So I figured it was worth going up to take a look. I ended up getting a $250 frame for $9.00. It was a good deal. My glasses with the lenses were $336. Since my glasses two years ago cost almost $500. I decided it was worth the drive. Hopefully they will be in before we go to Vegas. He said that they are usually done within two weeks but they were very busy with the Living Social deal so it might be a few days longer.

After we got my glasses Cassie, Linda and I went to Pizzeria Lola for supper. Linda had heard about it on some food TV show and wanted to try it out. Well we got there and it was packed, they said it was going to be an hour and half wait! So we decided to get take out since that only took 20 minutes. We got our pizza and ate it at Cassie's house. It was very good. I would like to go back sometime when it is not so busy and actually eat at the restaurant.

Sunday Amy, Christa and Cassie and I did a little shopping. The girls had some gift cards from Christmas that they wanted to use and I wanted to get a few clothes for Vegas. We managed to get a lot of shopping done in just a few stops. Christa was excited because Cassie had found a new yarn shop for us to stop at. They had some beautiful yarns. Christa and Cassie might even take a knitting class at it.

While I was gone Rick got all the trim put up on the sewing room. I was so happy that he was able to get it done since he had thought he was going to be gone all day but his plans got changed.

I am still fighting off  a cold. I am just congested and don't feel 100%. I  had zero energy last night when I got home. This morning I still feel like crap but I am sure I will survive.

Later Sharon    

No comments:

Post a Comment