Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Mouse Tail.....

 Every year in the spring for some reason the mice like to try and get in the house on this ledge. In the 4 years we have lived here they have not made it in but they keep trying. The other day Morgan was having a fit  smelling around and trying to get at something in the same area so I figured we had a mouse trying to get in again. So I had Rick set a trap. By the way we have found the best bait to use is a snickers bar. The mice love them and they work every time.
 So the trap was set and we got a mouse on the first night. The next night Rick set the trap again. About 10:30 I was woken up by a scraping sound. I could not figure out what it was at first but then it dawned on me, it was a mouse. A mouse had gotten itself caught in the trap but it did not kill it. It was dragging itself and the trap along the ledge under our bedroom window. It went on and on and on until it finally fell to the ground and hit the rocks. That was the last I heard it.
The next morning Rick went to check the mouse trap and the trap was on the ground but no mouse was it it! It had gotten away. 

But good news Rick set the trap last night and this morning when he check he had two mice in it! He said it had a big one and a baby one both by the head. I guess that makes up for the one that got away....


Later
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment