Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It's War.....

Poor, Poor Dexter was pretty sad on Sunday. He was a naughty dog on Saturday. When Rick was butchering his deer he went into the garage and grabbed some scraps and ran and ate them. Of course he then spent all day Sunday throwing up. Don't worry he was all better on Monday. 
I have declared war on the leaves this year. Last year it snowed before we managed to get them all pick up so this year I want to get it done! We have a lawn sweeper but you cannot even make it around the yard once before it is full. I tried chopping the leaves up but they are so thick that they kept clogging up the lawn mower. So I used the leaf blower and the rake and went at it. I spent 5 hours on Saturday, using the lawn mower, leaf blower, rake and Ricks truck picking up leaves.  
This is when it lawn looked like after my work on Saturday......
Sunday I was at it again. I had to finish picking up and hauling off all the leaves that I could not get to on Saturday because it got dark out. I also did a more raking and used the lawn mower to chop up what leaves were left on the ground. I even got all the hosta's cleaned up out of the rock garden.
And here we are! It looks much better then when I started on Saturday.

Of course the bad news is there is still a ton of leaves on the trees.....I am sure I will be busy again next weekend. But I am determined to win the war on the leaves this year!!!

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment