Thursday, November 21, 2013

“I realise there's something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they're experts at letting things go.” ― Jeffrey McDaniel

So I've learned something this past year, or should I say I've decides something. I've always been one to hang onto those resentments and hurts and just leave them there to fester. I've seen in others how eventually it will eat away at you until it eats away at everything and everybody in your life.....

I think I had an ah ha moment as Oprah would say. I think I realized this past year that life is short, one day someone you always though would be there is suddenly gone....did I want my last memories of people in my life to be of some stupid thing that may have hurt my feelings or made me mad and upset or did I want my last memories to be of  happy times. I am learning to let it go of hurts, arguments and resentments. What good does it do to hold on to them.

Of course I am not saying it is easy. The easy thing to do is to just stay mad and resentful and feel sorry for yourself because someone hurt you.  It is hard to forget, forgive and move on but the more you do it the easier it gets. I still get mad and may have been know to have a big hissy fit over something but then I let it go. No more dwelling on it for days, weeks and even years.

So there you have it my Ah Ha Moment.

Later
Sharon


1 comment: