Saturday, October 12, 2013

Another New Bike.......

I am so behind on my blog! I have had my new bike for over a month and I am just now going to blog about it.
Rick has wanted a mountain bike forever so he finally talked me into getting one so he could get one too. We sold our trail bikes and our road bikes. I was a little sad to see my road bike go, I really liked it..... We had hardly road our road bikes at all this year mostly because I really do not like riding them out on the roads. People just do not pay attention when they are driving and if you get hit by a car while riding a bike the car is going to win every time. That and there are a lot of people out there that think bikes have no right to be on the road. We have had people purposely drive close to us trying to push us off the road and onto the gravel shoulder just because they do not want to share the road. And then there is the people that are on there phones talking and texting.....So anyhow we were not getting the use out of bike that we should have been so I let Rick talk me into a mountain bike.
I have always had Giant bike but the Trek bike that I got was just to good of a deal to pass up. I have to say so far I am having lots of fun on it. We have been taking them out to Courthouse park just south of Waseca and biking on the trails. The trail are just right for the kind of riding I want to do. I am not one that will go down a bunch of switch back trails that are narrow and steep. The trails at Courthouse park have a great blend of hills and flat paths and  plenty of twist and turns and just enough tree roots etc to go over to make it fun.
Another reason we got the mountain bikes is because a lot of the places we like to go camping have bike trails but most of the time they are crushed rock and you cannot take a road bike on them because you will pop a tire. So we are looking forward to taking them camping with us. I got these bike racks that hook right to the truck bed and we have the bikes all loaded up in just minutes.

This is a picture of Rick coming down one of the smaller hills at Courthouse park.
The other day after biking we decided, well I decided, it was time to get the trees trimmed up. While we were busy doing it I looked down by the wood pile and found one of the eggs we had put out for the Easter Egg hunt way back in March. I am guessing there is a squirrel in the neighborhood with a sweet tooth because the candy was gone. :)
It is Halloween time again and once again I am trying to get costumes made for the grand kids. I am not being a very good Nana this year because I am really only making one for Josie and one for Oliver. I got Eli a super cute puppy costume and Liam a Star Wars Storm Trooper costume off of Zulily. I promised myself that I was going to get sewing on the costumes early this year and here I am only a couple weeks away from Halloween and I only have one done. Maybe next year I will be better and have time to make all four.....So this is the one I got done, it is a little mermaid costume for Josie. Christa is making her a wig with long red hair to go with it. Josie looks very cute in it.

Hopefully I will have another update a little sooner then I got this one out....

Later
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment