Sunday, September 29, 2013

"There's no way around grief and loss: you can doge all you want, but sooner or later you just have to go into it, through it, and, hopefully come out the other side. The world you find there will never be the same as the world you left." -Johnny Cash

In my last post I was so excited to be writing about how much fun I had at the Becker Family Reunion and how lucky I was that all my aunts and uncles were still alive on the Becker side. I am so very sad that I can no longer say that. My Uncle Kenny at the age of 76 died on Friday.

I am very happy to say that I am lucky to have had such a great uncle and that I have so very many good memories of him and going to his farm as a child. What fun we use to have in the barn and running around with the ducks and chickens and just being kids getting into trouble. I was also very lucky that I got to see him last Sunday at the reunion and gave him a hug hello and chat with him. When a few of us cousins started to plan the reunion one of our biggest reasons we wanted to have it was that the aunts and uncles were all in there 70's now and how lucky we were to still have them around and we wanted to get together with them again at a happy time. I have never  felt so thankful that we pushed on with the reunion even when some did not want to have it. I have been blessed to have such a wonderful extended family and blessed that I have always felt loved by everyone of them.

I am so sad to say goodbye but also feeling very lucky that I got to know and love such a wonderful man. 

On Monday and Tuesday we will say goodbye to Uncle Kenny. He was a good man and will be missed by his wife of 55 years, his children , grandchildren, great-grandchildren, sisters and brothers and many many other friends and relatives. He will be missed greatly by my Dad who is not only loosing a brother but his best friend.


Give someone a hug today.....
Sharon 



No comments:

Post a Comment