Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A world without seedless watermelon....


When I was a kid watermelon had seeds in it. I remember those long ago summers when our mom's would cut open a watermelon and hand us all a slice and we would stand outside and eat it spitting all the seeds out on the ground and having contest to see who could spit there seeds the farthest. It was not a summer without having a watermelon.

Then in the 90's they introduced seedless watermelon to us consumers. My world was changed! No more spitting and digging out all those seeds. Now I could eat watermelon without a huge mess! It was pretty much the best invention of the century! 

I have been binging on watermelon all summer and was appalled the other day when by mistake I actually put a seeded watermelon in my shopping cart! It is a good thing I noticed it before I bought it. Who in there right mind would would to buy a watermelon with seeds in!

It is sad to think that my grandkids will probable never know the joy of having a watermelon spitting contest on those hot summer days with there cousins like I did......But not as sad as not having seedless watermelon...

Later Sharon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment