Friday, October 25, 2013

Another Pin On The Map....


I decided last year that I was going to keep track of all the places that Rick and I have traveled to together on a map. So I got this map and had Dad make me a frame for it and started pinning away. In the last 5 years or so we have been to 23 places. Last weekend we went to Duluth for our last camping trip of the year so I got to add another pin.

Even though it was cold and rainy a lot of the weekend  we managed to have a good time. We did a little biking, Rick even got me to go on a real mountain bike trail. All the trails were very wet and muddy so a lot of them were closed off so we manly stayed on the big trails that are used for cross country skying in the winter. They are really nice.

 We were lucky and got to see lots of beautiful colors while were were there. This a couple pictures of the river that is right near the camp grounds we stayed at. It is Indian Point Campgrounds It was very nice and am sure we will stay there again.


 We tried to get some pictures that we could use for our Christmas card with the dogs. It is not an easy thing to do because you need someone to call to the dogs so they look. Pretty much every picture we took either Morgan or Dexter was looking the wrong way. This is one Rick took of me while he was trying to set the timer on the camera.
                   I also got a fun one of Rick. We did manage to get one good picture but you will have to wait until Christmas to see it.
 We went to Lester Park in Duluth to bike on the trails. This is the view from one of the many many hills we had to bike up. It was beautiful in the park. I wish it had not been so wet so we could have gone on more of the trails. We both got pretty muddy by the time we left. 
 You can see one of the mountain biking trails in this picture. We went on a few of them but they were pretty slick with all the rain and I really did not want to go falling down a hill so we stuck to the bigger trails.
 The dogs are doing very good camping. They were all tired out for the ride home.
 I was very sad to have to clean up and winterize the camper when we got home. It seems like we just got it. After we got home on Sunday we took it to my Dads for the winter. We are lucky that he has this big shed for us to put it in.

 I finally got Oliver's custom done. I think it is super cute. Hopefully it fits him. I am taking it down to  him in Sunday. I also took the fins off of Josie's little Mermaid custom and made it shorter. She is so tiny. I had shortened it up before I cut it out but I forgot that the fins were going to make in longer. So I had to take them off and I ended up cutting another 2 inches off. Now it fits her perfect. Amy came over today to pick it up and Josie did not want to take it off. She is going to be very cute.

Today I am going into work  from 5:00 to 9:00. I never ever work evenings! I am only going in because Carleton is having Salman Rushdie, author of Satanic Verses speak. They are expecting 1800 people to be there so they need extra Security to help with traffic etc.

Rick is busy working on the porch, it is coming along great. Hopefully I will have pictures soon.

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment