Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This and That....

So had a bunch of my hair  cut off. I could not take it anymore! The only good thing about having long hair was being able to just put it in a ponytail. I have not been real happy with the way the stylist that has been cutting my hair for the last few years and decided it was time for a change. A friend told me about a stylist and salon that was in Faribault that she really liked so I thought I would give it a try. I was so happy that I did! The stylist, Theresa at Salon TC  did such a good job cutting my hair. I have not had this good of hair cut in years. It was much needed change.

When I decided yesterday morning that I would call and try and get in to get my hair cut before the weekend I never thought she would get me in yesterday afternoon so I did not bring any clothes to change into after work. So on my way to my appointment I stopped at Target and got myself a whole new outfit to wear. New jeans, shirt and new boots. I had it picked out tried it on and bought in 15 minutes. I power shopped :)

Poor Dexter and his allergies gave him some trouble last week and it is all my fault. We finally found a brand of food that he can eat that does not have chicken in it because he is allergic to chicken. I have been getting him the beef flavor for the last 6 months and he has been doing really good on it. Well the other day I stopped to get him food and saw that they now carried the pork and pea's flavor in the same brand and it did not have chicken in it so I thought I would buy it. Well what a mistake that turned out to be. After just one day of eating it we noticed that he started to itch, scratch and lick again. At first I could not figure out what was causing it and then I remembered that I had changed his food. Poor Dexter was itching so bad. Thank goodness I had a small bag of his old food left over. Once I changed him back to the old food he was better withing a couple of days. I am not sure what was in the new dog food that he is allergic to but it was bad. I will not be changing dog foods, even flavors again!

I went to the doctor the other day for my regular yearly check up and the Doctor told me what I already figured that I have carpal tunnel. It comes and gos all the time. It has been bad the last few months because of all the remodeling we have been doing and how much I have been abusing my hands and wrist. Anyhow my hands were going numb at night and driving me nuts. She told me to wear braces on my wrist at night when I sleep to keep me from sleeping with my wrist bent. It  works when I manage to keep them on. I keep taking them off in my sleep. Rick said he has to laugh when he hears the Velcro ripping open every night. I always sleep with my wrist bent so I think I half wake up because I am trying to bend them so I just remove the brace. It is pretty funny. The good news is since I have started wearing them at night my wrist and hands have been much better.

Our new windows should be in this week so hopefully I will have some pictures of the finished porch soon.

Time to get on with my day

Later Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment