Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Painting, moving and babysitting.....

Finally after 7 months I was able to use my gift certificate to have my car detailed. It looks like a new car again. My seats were so dirty. Hopefully I can keep them clean for awhile. I think I am going to put a seat cover on the back seat so when the grandkids get in it they do not get it so dirty. 
Sunday Rick and I went down to the club to do a little painting. The fair board had the Sentence To Serve people come in and paint right before the fair. We wanted to have one wall painted halfway up with a different color and the rest done in white. Well I am not sure who picked out the color but it was pretty much the worse brown/tan color I have ever seen. And then they only put one coat on so it looked so bad. At least they did most of the white okay. We had two gallons of blue paint so we decided we would take it down and paint over the bad brown.

I think it turned it really good. There is a small shelf that will go right on the paint line. We have to paint over the wood on the shelf because kids over the years have written there names on it. Hopefully if it is painted over that stops happening.
Rick and Paul had put the new wood up on the wall that the bails go on. Rick put some clear varnish on it. It looks much better then the shot up white wall that was there before. Now it is all ready to put the bails back up.
The trim that is up is this brown plastic crap that had paint spots all over it. So I decided that I would paint it the blue that we put on the wall. It is a great improvement from what it looked like before. Now the only thing left to put one more coat of white on one of the walls and cut it in near the trim. Hopefully Rick can get down there this weekend to finish it up.
Monday was moving day for Christa and Jese. I was just going to watch Oliver for them but I ended up helping them move stuff to Fairmont. Christa said they could not fit everything into the two trucks and two trailer. She also had her van full. So I had Amy take my car and I took her van and headed up to New Prague. Christa and I managed to get it all stuffed into the van and we were off. When we got to Fairmont  they were just finishing up cleaning the house so we took Oliver out for some lunch. It was not to easy to empty the vans with Oliver running in and out so Christa did most of the first van. By then Oliver was tried and ready for a nap so we got his bed together and laid him down. We got the second van unloaded and then Rick got there with the first trailer full. Rick, Christa and I got the washer, dryer and freezer down to the basement. Rick realized that the dryer needed to have a different plug in so he ran to the store and got it and changed it out for Jese. By that time the second truck and trailer got there. I helped unload that one too until Oliver woke up from his nap. By that time Oliver had enough of moving so I packed him up and took him back to Waseca with me. 
He was a good boy for me all day yesterday. Unlike naughty Morgan who went on the table and ate Oliver's food right out of his plate. I was not happy with her! Rick said he was surprised to find her alive after I told him the story. Naughty naughty dog!!!
Christa had to go back up to New Prague to sign the papers to sell there house in the afternoon. So she came by and picked up Oliver at 5:00. She tells me Oliver was not happy to have to be in the car again for another long drive.

So today I am back at work. I think I am going to get more rest today then I did on all my days off!

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment