Tuesday, February 14, 2023

“The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” – M.K. Clinton

 


Today it is eight years since Otis came into our lives. When we adopted him we had no history on him other than he was turned in as a dog that had been on the run and someone picked him up. I saw his picture and bio on Pet Finders before we were leaving on a vacation. I told Rick if he is still available when we get back I am going to go meet him. Well he was and I did and I came home with him. 


They told me they thought he was one to two years old. I would say he was closer to one year old because he was all puppy. Well really he may have been a puppy but he has always acted like a crabby old man. 


But we love him and all of his antics. He has so much personality. He can be totally stand offish with you but once he decides you are worthy he will let you touch him...will he has a rule that he will come sit by you and you are allowed to touch him up to three times after that you get a look that says if you touch me again I am going to bit your finger off...


But once you are on his good side he will be your friend for life. 



We have taken Otis with us on all of our travels. He is a great travel dog. 




This is one of my favorite pictures of Otis and Morgan. We were at White Sands National park in New Mexico and we let the dogs take off running. They were so happy to run free. 








Otis will claim that he does not want to go on hikes with us but I think he secretly loves it..







But the thing that is most important about Otis is that he is a best friend to Morgan..


Happy Adoption Day Otis! 


Give your dog a little extra love today...

Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment