Thursday, February 23, 2023

"It is snow to be shoveled, to make driving even worse than usual, snow to be joked about and cursed at, but unless the child in you is entirely dead, it is snow, too, that can make the heart beat faster when it catches you by surprise that way, before your defenses are up. It is snow that can awaken memories of things more wonderful than anything you ever knew or dreamed." — Frederick Buechner

 


I was like a little kid the past two days being excited for all the snow that was coming down. I got to have two extra days off of work. I think the staff are almost as excited for snow days as the students are even if we have to do some work from home. 

Once I got my school work done I just enjoyed the days for what they were...free days. 


 I made Rochester Cookies, my all time favorite cookie. And after I made them I tried to stop myself from eating them all without much success. 

I sat around and read my book Feral By Emily Pennington 


It is a great book and loved that I was able to just relax and read the day away. 



We got so much snow that it has almost buried our  four foot fence. I am glad that my dogs fall though the snow when they try and walk on it. And I am glad that they do not like the snow because otherwise they might just walk over the fence and out of the yard. 




Rick on the other hand did not enjoy the snow as much as me since he cleaned it all off the driveway. He is such a good guy, he even went over to the neighbors and helped him clean off his huge driveway and deck. 



The dogs were also not so pleased with me being home because I gave them both a bath and a much needed haircut. But I think they forgave me because they both look so cute now. 



This afternoon I bundled up and went for a walk. I was very happy that the city had already plowed the bike path and most of the homeowners had cleaned off their  sidewalks. When we get 12 plus inches of snow it is a lot of work to clean up everything so fast. It is so peaceful walking in winter. 


I hope you all bring out the child in yourselves and go out and enjoy the snow a little. 


Go make a snow angle...

Sharon 


No comments:

Post a Comment