Sunday, February 5, 2023

"Happy or unhappy, families are all mysterious. We have only to imagine how differently we would be described - and will be, after our deaths - by each of the family members who believe they know us." -Gloria Steinem

 One of our local news papers, the Waseca County Pioneer does a feature each week called "Meet Your Neighbor". It is always fun to read about people that we may or may not know and find out just a little about them. They put it out on Facebook that they wanted people to submit the answer to the questions they ask and send them in. I thought it was fun to answer the questions here, because I don't want to be in the paper :) 

So here you go, here is a little about me....


Name: Sharon 

Town: Waseca, MN

Age: 60

Birthplace: Faribault, MN

Family: Married, three daughters, three son-in-laws, six grandchildren ranging from 16 to 3 and two dogs 

Occupation: My retirement job is a Paraprofessional at Waseca High School in the DCD room. Before that I retried from Carleton College after 19 years working as a Security Guard 

Hobbies: Reading, sewing, walking, running, hiking, traveling in our camper van, biking and fishing

My dream vacation would be: Traveling to Croatia

The best thing about small town living is: Being able to walk the whole town

Last Good Book I read: Sinister Graves (A Cash Blackbear Mystery) by Marcie R. Rendon

Favorite TV show: Alaska the Last Frontier

Sports Team: Waseca Bluejays Boys Tennis team 

Favorite musical artists: John Denver 

My favorite activities when growing up: Biking to White Sands swimming pool with my cousins and swimming the days away. 

My biggest pet peeve: When people say to me "your really tiny, how much do you weigh" 

The best advice I've ever received: From my Grandpa, he always said travel now and see the world while you are young  and heathy because you don't know when your health will fail and then it will be too late. 

If you could have lunch with any one person, living or dead: Gloria Steinem

Something about my that would surprise people: That I never ran until I was 40 and then went on to run several half marathons and countless 5K and 10K races 

What is your biggest regret in life: I don't really have one, I always say I would not do anything different in my life because then I would not be me and I would not have learned from my past. 

What is your favorite quote: "To many people think life is a spectator sport" -Katharine Hepburn

What's the one thing you would tell your 20-year old self: Be yourself and stop worrying about what others think of you. 


So there you have it, a little bit about me. It is kind of fun to think about all the questions...


Keep moving

Sharon 


No comments:

Post a Comment