Friday, May 2, 2014

Finding The Good.......

What a awful news day it was in Waseca yesterday.  In case you have not heard about it here is a link to one of the many stories about the teen that planned a school shooting in Waseca It was shocking and so very sad to hear about it yesterday. Thank God the women who saw the teen go into the storage locker that he was storing his bombs in called the police when she thought he was acting suspicious. It was because of her an unimaginable tragedy did not happen.

When you hear about the school shootings you always think to yourself that it will never happen in my town. It is easy to detach yourself from it because it did not affect the people you know. Well reality hit very close to home yesterday. When I think about all the people that I know that have kids in the Waseca schools and how tragic it could have been it just makes me sick.

So I decided that after the bad news of yesterday I would share some happy things.....

Yesterday was May Day and several of the neighborhood kids came around with May Baskets.
   It is so sweet! I love that they, along with there parents take the time to make them up and then come around and leave them at our doors.  It made me smile when I opened the door and found them. Dexter loved it too since he also found them before me and was feasting on one of them before I got to it.


Today while at work I went into the business office and they also had little May Baskets for the taking. They were so cute that I had to take one when I was told to. I now have a couple treats and some flower seeds to take home.


Morgan likes to chase squirrels. She pretty much spends her day looking out the windows for them and then running out the door and chasing them up trees. She can just barely reach to look out the living room window. She is so cute. It made me smile last night watching her.

Today is Amy's 30th birthday. She was telling me yesterday that she was feeling really old turning 30 and was feeling a little down about it. Then she remember that I would now have two daughters that were in there 30's so that made me "really" old. She said that thought made her cheer up about turning 30. It made me laugh when she told me and was glad my oldness could make her feel better.

Rick had some people over to pick up strings so by the time he got upstairs it was 6:45. Neither of us had eaten supper yet and since it was already so late I figured we would just eat left overs again. But Rick decided that he was going to grill and made up some chicken for us. I was grateful to have him take care of supper for us after a long day at work for both of us. It is nice to be taken care of sometimes.

So  even if the news out there is awful and you are feeling down try to find the good in the little things. The neighbor that waves and smiles as you go by, seeing the neighborhood kids playing and laughing every afternoon, the smile of your love ones or even watching to dog get all excited by the chase of a squirrel.  It is not hard to find the good if you just look.....


Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment