Saturday, January 18, 2014

Let the countdown begin......


Only 17 more days before I get to get out of this frozen land we call home. Vegas cannot come fast enough for me. January has been endless. I was not happy today when I opened the garage door to leave for work and found that there was a 2 foot high drift in front of the door. I did not even know it was suppose to snow out. Of course I just backed out of the drive way and started my 38 mile drive to work. Not sure where the snow plows were because they surely were not out on the roads! Not a single road had been plowed yet, not even the state highways. The snow was blowing so hard that there was several time I lost the road. I finally made it to work only to find that that ground crew also decided that they did not need to come in early to plow. I got make a path through the snow to open all the buildings. By the time I got everything open my pants were wet just about up to my knees. Ground finally made it in when I was on my last building-lots of good they did me :(
Okay I am done ranting now.....

Now that the sun is out and the roads are somewhat plowed I think it is safe to say that the snow is very pretty. Maybe Rick and I will finally get to get our CC skies out and go skiing on Sunday after work. They claim it is going to be 31 degrees out tomorrow.

Not much has been going on. My days off were pretty uneventful. Sunday was a lazy day for me. I didn't really want to do anything so I didn't. Rick and I ran to Mankato because he wanted to go to Menards. Since we were there I made him stop at Jo Ann fabric so I could get some fabric. I made Hannah a pair of Green Bay Packers  pajama pants. She was very excited to get them. I had to use fleece because they did not have any in flannel. It is the first time I have ever sewn anything out of fleece, it is kind of a pain. I finally got a good pattern for the women's pajama pants. I even added pockets to them.
Tuesday night we had league. We have so many new people shooting league that we had to shoot a double line. It is nice to have new people there, it was a fun night. I even shot somewhat good.

The rest of the week was just work. Sunday is my last day then I get three days off.

17 days and counting......
Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment