Friday, January 10, 2014

“If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” ― Fred Rogers


I thought with all the cold weather we have all endured over the last week a picture of some sunshine was needed....

I like every other person in Minnesota am glad that it has warmed up a little now. It was nice to be able to go outside yesterday and not freeze.

Last weekend Rick and I went to Des Moines for the IA Pro-Am. I did not shoot but Rick did. We had a lot of fun, it is always nice to see all our archery friends. We stayed at a hotel that was about a block from the shoot. It was nice to be so close to it. The last time I went we stayed at a hotel that was connected to the event center by sky-ways but we ended up having to walk forever to get there. So it was well worth the couple minute walk in the cold to  be closer. Rick was not to happy with his shooting the first day but came back the second day and shot very good. We got home Sunday around night around 7:30.

I was super happy that I did not have to work Monday when the high for the day was -17. The only time I went outside was when I had to rescue Dexter. Poor puppy went out to do his business and got so cold that he froze up. I had to go get him and carry him in the house. -17 is way to cold to have to pee outside!
I made a big pot of Chili for supper and had a nice fire going all day.

Tuesday we had our first night of Winter League. Rick and I went early so we could get the range all warmed up. When we got there we discovered that sometime that day the heat had gone out, it was about 55 degrees and dropping fast! After several phone calls and several people working on the furnace we still had no heat. Since everyone was there and we had several new members we decided we would shoot in the cold. We did change the game from a 60 arrow 300 round to a 30 arrow 300 Vegas round. My hand  were so cold by the end of the night. I was happy to go home and warm up.

Yesterday my day did not start out to good. I was responding to a call and went to back out the work vehicle when I backed into a taxi van that was parked alongside the curb behind me. I looked both ways before I backed out but did not even see the taxi parked behind me. The curb behind our parking stall has always been fire lane so  no one is ever parked there. A few days ago they decided to make it a spot for the taxi cabs to park when they are picking up students. The trouble with it is it is pretty much imposable for us to back out with them parked there if we went to go south. No one bothered to ask us before deciding to change the signs. We are now trying to get the signs removed so they are not parking there anymore. Regardless of what they do I will be checking better behind me from now on.

  I am just glad it was not my vehicle that I crashed :)

I got a new pajama pants pattern yesterday and hope to try it out on my days off. I think this one should be much better fitting then the last one. I am going to use elastic and a drawstring on the waist band and try and put pockets in them. All three of the girls wanted me to make these changes. Christa is insisting that I open Nana's Pajamas this year. I keep telling her I don't have time.......


Give someone a hug today
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment