Monday, December 2, 2013

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." - Dalai Lama

 Thanksgiving morning 18 of us all went to Northfield and ran/walked  the Turkey Trot. Dad decided that after taking several years off he would do it again so I sent the invite out to everyone joined in. Linda got us all t-shirts so we all matched. It was lots of fun.
                               Nick, Cassie and Dad running into the finish line.
                                                                    and
                                         Amy, Rick and I stopping for a picture.




 
 

I was feeling crafty the other day so this is what I made. I actually saw them on Pinterest a while ago and thought they were super cute. I had Rick cut up a post for me that had sitting around for some unknown reason. He then painted them white. Of course then they sat in my basement waiting for me to finish them for two weeks. Since I had ever thing to make them at home they did not cost me anything. The fabric I used for the hats and scarfs came from an old pair of pajama pants. They are super cute and look good in front of our house.

 
 Friday was of course our favorite shopping day of the year. Christa, Amy and I headed to Mankato at 5:00 in the morning so we could be at JoAnn fabrics at the 6:00 opening. We got lots of deals. They had the fabric so cheap! I may have gotten a little more then I had intended on getting. I guess I better get sewing.  We also made it to a few more stores to get a couple bargains. I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping. Now I just have to wait for the things I ordered on line to get here and start wrapping. 

A few years ago when my Grandparents went into the Nursing Home my Mom gave me this Nativity set that belonged to my Grandma Trenda. It is all chipped and faded and has seen it's better days but it is the Christmas decoration that I treasure the most since it was Grandma's.  Every year when I take it out I think of Grandma and this year even more since she passed away in February. I wonder how many times she took each piece out and set it up. She even has straw for the manger in a little bag. It makes me smile to think of Grandma saving that straw from year to year. Of course I am now keeping it year to year too. I hope Grandma is smiling at me from up there in heaven....

Later
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment