Friday, December 6, 2013

Replacement .......

So those of you that have read my blog for awhile might remember that last year for Christmas I made a doll house for my granddaughter. It was a just a kit that came with everything cut out and I just had to put it all together and paint and decorator it. It was made out of thin pressed wood and was not very sturdy. Well after having it for less then a month Eli pushed Josie into it and knocked one of the walls out. Then later on Eli and Oliver spent some time pushing out all of the windows and breaking pieces of it off. Poor Josie was very upset with them. She told them how naughty they were since the doll house was made by her Nana and it was special. Well this year I asked her if she wanted me to take the doll house and have it fixed up for her birthday. I told her that I would have Grandpa Becker help me. She was super excited.
So I enlisted my Dad's help and here on the results. We did not "fix" the old doll house but build a whole new one. I found a picture of what I wanted on the internet and printed it off and handed it to Dad. Other then the overall size of it I gave Dad no instructions. He did such a good job! Once Dad was done with his part I took over the painting, staining and decorating. Dad had also found some doll house furniture at an auction so I painted that up too. Lastly since it is Christmas time I did a little Christmas decorating too.
Other the the piece of plywood he used all the wood was recycled wood. We had given Dad our left over barn wood and he used that for all the siding and shutters etc. I had to paint the door red so it is just like the front door on my house.
                              She even gets a garden shed
I asked Josie what her favorite colors were and she said pink and purple so I painted one of the bedrooms pink for her. 


I printed off pictures of everyone in Josie's family and put them in these little frames and hung them in the house for her.
Josie is going to love it! It is heavy duty so I think those naughty two year olds will not be able to break it!

I think Josie is one lucky little girl and is going to have a keep sake that was made with much love by her Great Grandpa Becker with a little help from her Nana Sharon.

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment