Monday, December 16, 2013

Changing Traditions.....




I think sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season and forget what is really about.



I don't want the Holiday season to be stressful. Sometimes it gets hard to try and fit everything in and to try and see everyone. We always have Christmas with the kids, usually the weekend before or after Christmas. This year because of work schedules and commitments with the kids other families it just did not work out. So we made the decision to not get together with my parents and extended family on Christmas day. Instead we are having the kids and grandkids over for supper on Christmas day. I should also mention that I have to work until 1:00 on Christmas day so that was also making it hard. It was a very hard decision to make. It is hard to change traditions. 
I had talked to my parents about having our holiday celebration after the holidays or just have it on Thanksgiving and they were both happy with the idea. It is getting hard for them to host it as they get older and the family grows bigger. There is only a few of us that have houses that are big enough to host it now and we have been taking turns. They also realize how hard it is for the grandkids and great-grandkids to try and fit everything in with all the extended families. Christa, Jese and Oliver had six Christmas celebrations last year and by the time Christmas day came around they were exhausted.  I am glad my parents  are understanding and agree that sometimes change is needed.  Since this decision was made so late the Becker Christmas is going to go on without us this year. I will miss seeing everyone but will not miss the stress of trying to fit everything in a short time frame. Hopefully later in the year we will all be able to get together with most everyone.

We are having the Rugroden Christmas celebration this coming Saturday. On Christmas Eve we will go to church with Rick's mom and then hopefully be able to spend some of the evening by our selfs. I have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas day this year. It always sucks to have to work a holiday but that is part of the job. At least I can leave early when my co-worker comes in at 1:00. I took Dec. 26, Dec 31 and Jan. 1 off so I will have 7 days off after Christmas. It works out good since the first is a holiday I don't have to use vacation time. I love to take that week after Christmas off just to relax and stay home. I am turning into a homebody and cherish my alone time with Rick. 

Hopefully I will have some updates before Christmas but if not I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, stress free Holiday Season. 

Remember to give the ones you love a hug even if it is long distance hug and tell them you love them.

Later Sharon 












No comments:

Post a Comment