Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Funny Story....Kind Of.......

I cannot believe I forgot to write about the wonderful end to our vacation......

So we got all packed up and stopped at the dump station to dump our tanks on the camper. As Rick pulled in he told me to jump out and make sure he was lined up right to dump. So I jumped out and helped him line up. Once he was I ran around the back of the camper to get to the truck to let the dogs out for one last break before driving home. As I got to the door I heard the click as the doors locked because Dexter had jumped up and landed on the lock button. I looked up and saw that Rick was also out of the truck and told him unlock the doors since my keys were in the truck in my purse. Well he gave me that oh shit look and said his keys were in the truck! So now the dogs were in the locked truck and we had no way to get them out. Of course to make it worse it was already hot out. So I walked to the Ranger station in hopes that they would have the tool to unlock doors, of course they did not :( So the Ranger called a lock smith for me and said he would be there in about 15 minutes. So we waited and waited for what seemed forever. When the guy finally got there he was just a dick! The first thing he did was to go to the truck and say to the dogs "good puppies you made me lots of money today" Then of course he had to say it about 10 more times before he got the door open. It was somewhat funny the first time but not at all funny the 10th! So $60.00 later the truck door was open and I had two dogs that were very happy to escape.

On to other things....When we got home I took a look at the driveway and pretty much wanted to cry. The acorns have started to fall. They are everywhere! You cannot even walk on the lawn without the fear of twisting an ankle. It is like walking on marbles. The deck is covered in them. Last night it sounded like it was hailing as they hit the roof all night long. So on top of all the leaves we have to deal with this year we get to deal with the acorns too. Thanks God they are only bad every other year. I guess this is the price we have to pay for the shade we get from the trees all summer.

Enough for today
Later
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment