Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Let the yard work begin!

                                               The picnic table before painting it

                                                   The picnic table after painting it

                                                         The swing before and after pictures


                                                         The mosquitoes are here.......
                                                            The leaves are finally gone!
              Here is a picture of my new bow. It is not set up yet and still has the factory strings on it. I will take a picture of it when it is all done. I am excited to shoot it! 

 Sunday Rick thought it would be a good day to try and get the antenna up on the roof. We get only one radio station in at our house so we decided to put a antenna up so we could get more. Also Rick has a TV in his shop that is not hooked up to the dish so he wants to hook it up to the antenna too. Rick even got me up on the roof so I could help him install it. We got it up and got some of the cable  down to the house but then we ran into a little trouble when Rick was drilling the holes through the wall in the garage. So now we have to get a new drill bit that is long enough to get through the wall. At least the antenna is on the roof.

I finally got the picnic table and swing painted! I was sick of the old dull brown so I went with a little color. I love them! Of course we may never be able to use them since the mosquitoes are thick. Every step I took in the yard they flew up. It is going to to a bad year with all the rain we have gotten.

Monday I went for a run and I am very sad to say that my ITBS is back. It never really gos away but it has not been bad for a few years. After I ran on Monday it was BAD. It did not help that after running I did  a ton of yard work and was up and down stairs all day. I really hope it gets better soon.

I finally am done getting rid of all the leaves in our yard from last fall. It is an endless job. There was still a huge amount of them in the area where we have the door out of the basement. It is such a bad area for everything to collect. We were going to do some landscaping this year and make it a nicer, usable area but then we bought the camper so it is going to have to wait until next summer. Hopefully we will be able to make the porch that is off the basement door fixed up this year. We did get a new screen door put on this spring so at least the chipmunks cannot get into it anymore. We are also going to replace some of the windows on the three season porch and use the old window on the basement porch. Once we get those in and get everything painted it will look much better. 

Christa brought me some rhubarb the other day so yesterday I made some rhubarb crisp and some rhubarb muffins. They both are very good! Look for my blog in the next couple of days with some recipes.

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment