Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A little bit of this and a little bit of that......

 As a treat to myself I got the above necklace from Origami Owl Cassie's friend started selling them and when I saw Cassie's I really liked it. You can design anything you want in the locket. Mine has the birthstones from my three girls and from the four grandchildren. I can add more stones to it when when I get more grandchildren. I think it is really pretty and I can wear it with just about anything. Check out Katie's web site
 This winter Walmart had mint plants for sale so I got one since I love to put mint in my tea. I put it out on the deck this spring and it has been going crazy. I have more mint then I know what to do with! Pretty soon I am going to have to move it to a bigger pot.
 Two years ago Adam gave me some Iris plants for my garden. Last year they got huge but never got any flowers on them. This year they have a ton! I am so happy to see them, they are so pretty and really add some nice color to my  rock garden. I had to cut one and bring it in the house because it was so heavy that it tipped over.
 Since Morgan likes to eat my sheets I had a couple with big holes in. So instead of throwing them away I gave them to Christa and she made me this rug out of them. It is perfect under my reto kids chair. She is making some beautiful rugs now and selling them at her Esty shop She has some super cute new things.
 Poor Dexter has a bad foot again! Last week he stated licking it again like crazy and I knew it was no good. Today he went to the vet for his sassy new hair cut and to get all his shots. He is back on antibiotics again for his foot. Hopefully this time it gets better. They gave us a different antibiotic then he was on last time and he is going to be on it for a longer time. If it does not get better this time they are going to have to lance it again. I sure hope that does not happen since last time they did it he was so sad. I think it was very painful since they even gave him a shot for the pain. At least he looks good :) 
Morgan and Dexter on full alert checking out the neighbors dog Charlie.


We finally got some heat today! It feels good. I managed to get the lawn cut today. Rick did the front just 3 days ago and it already looked bad. It is growing so fast we can hardly keep up with it. I cut it shorter then Rick does. He does not like it when I do it but it looks so much nicer when it is shorter and then I don't have to do it as often.

Today I went to the dentist for my cleaning. I have two teeth that have been giving me pain for awhile. Both have crowns on them. The dentist figures that they have cracked under the crown and caused root damage. I have to go back to the dentist on Thursday so he can do some more testing. The one is over 20 years old and a couple years ago it had a cavity on the bottom of the crown. He said it may be that decay has gotten under the crown. We will see what they find out on Thursday.   Hopefully I do not need two root canal's.

Get out and enjoy the sun, we don't see it often....
Later Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment