Tuesday, June 25, 2013

" I told you the Prius was a chick magnet....." -Paul Fay

  I am so behind on my blog! As you can see I have been very busy. I have been watching Eli and Josie when Liam has T-ball on Monday's and Wednesday for an hour if I am not working. It has been fun to have them over to play. It was nice for Amy too so she does not have to run after Eli and can actually watch Liam play.                                   
                                        Josie said I had to take her picture with her babies
     On the 14th we went Abbie and Patrick's wedding. They had a beautiful outdoor wedding.                                                 
       Theresa, Erica and I went up to Minneapolis to see War Horse.  I was a little worried about the play since I had read the book and loved it and had seen the movie and hated it. I am very happy to say that the play was very good! It was fun to be out with the Theresa and Erica again  and catch up. We don't do it enough...                                                                      
    We took off for Detroit Lakes on Thursday. We stayed at a wonderful campgrounds called Country Campgounds   I think it is the cleanest campgrounds I have ever stayed in. The owners were very nice and were there for your every need. It was also a very quiet, which is very nice. Thursday evening we went out for supper with some archery friends that live in Detroit Lakes. We ate at the Bridge Marina Bar and Grill. We thought it would be nice to eat on the deck since it was so nice out. It was all going good until a big ass army worm fell on me! As we all know I have a worm phobia. Needless to say it was not a good thing. I am pretty sure the whole restaurant heard me scream.
We got back to the campgrounds just in time for the storms hit. We had some pretty bad storms come through. We got 4 inches of rain and very high winds.  
Friday we just relaxed. We did a little fishing and checking out Detroit Lakes. Friday evening Rick did a little practicing for the MSAA State Target shoot and visiting with all our archery friends.                                                

      Saturday and Sunday was the big shoot. They had 124 shooters this year. Saturday was a pretty nice day, well it did not rain for the shoot but was pretty windy. Ric shot well in Saturday ending in 4th place for the day.

     Sunday was a whole new day for shooting. It started out raining A LOT. I was very happy that I was not shooting. When if finally stopped raining the winds came. I don't know how anybody was even able to hit the target. But they managed to finish the shoot.
                                                                            Sisters

     Monday we had to say goodby to Uncle Joe. He lost his battle with lung cancer last week. He will be missed by us all........

                       Monday was Eli's second birthday. Rick and I gave him the little mortised car. He was so excited when he saw it and all excited when he got on it. He pushed the button to make it move and was smiling away and then he could not figure out that he need to take his finger off the button to make it stop and got scared and stated to cry. It was pretty funny. He wanted to be on it so bad but then would get scared. He finally figured it out and was able to enjoy the car :)



So there you have it almost two weeks of blog catch up!
Later
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment