Sunday, January 21, 2018

Macrame Fun.....


Way back in the 1970's I learned to macrame. I made countless plant hangers, Christmas decorations and even some huge hanging shelfs. Then it went out of style so I get rid of most of my macrame supplies. Just two years ago I sold all of my book and instructions at a garage sale. Who would have know that it would become a big deal again! 
Cassie wanted to take a class on how to macrame a plant hanger and asked Amy, Christa and I wanted to do it. I had long forgotten how to do all those knots so I signed myself up. The class was held at Queen Bee'z Lawn and Garden in Prior Lake.  A perfect place to make plant hangers. Our instructor was Kari the owner of  Kin & Plume. She was really fun and was a great instructor. 
Once I got going it all came back to me. I remembered how much fun I use to have doing macrame. Of course back when I did it we use a shinny cording now it is done with a cotton cord. The cotton is way easier on the hands. 
 I have to say I can't wait to start making more plant hangers and might even try my hand on a few wall hangings. 




Christa giving Amy  a little helping hand on making her knot tight. 





Amy got the hang of it and went to work



Christa had the look of concentration on her face. 


After a little bit of a ruff start Cassie finished hers off like a pro...Although at the end she said she remembers why she does not like crafting :) 



Christa with her finished product. 


My plant hanger all done. I can't wait to make another one and be little more elaborate on the design. 

 
Happy crafting everyone
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment