Thursday, October 6, 2016

“The best way to find out what we really need is to get rid of what we don't.” ― Marie Kondō

I hate clutter! When Christa and Jese moved to town she said she was going to have a garage sale to get rid of all of the baby stuff they no longer needed and asked if I had anything to get rid of. I try to not keep a lot of stuff I don't use around. What I don't use I donate.  But we have one storage closet that we had stuff in that we have not seen since we moved in six years ago.  I decided that it was time for it to go! I picked a day and told Rick we each get one memory tote and the rest is going!


Otis did not go out with the junk :) 

I could not believe how much crap we had shoved into that one small closet!  So much stuff that we never use. It all had to go. Why do we keep all this stuff....I even went though the memory tote that I had and got rid of almost all of it. Why was I hanging on to a bracelets a old boyfriend gave me in high school?!? Most of the stuff I was keeping had no meaning to me anymore so why keep it.
After getting though the storage closet I kept going. I went though all the kitchen cabinets and the office. It all had to go.

We ended up taking a whole truck load to the garage sale and I came home when it was done with three things. Everything else that was left either was donated or went to the dump.

I don't know why we need or want all that "stuff".  Because that is exactly what it is, meaningless stuff that just clutters our lives.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment