Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Day Trip...

This past Saturday we went to La Crosse WI to visit Rick's brother. While we were there we  went down to the riverfront to see the replicas of the Christopher Columbus ships Nina and Pinta. I guess they are touring around the country for people to see. It was fun to see just how small they were. It is hard to believe they sailed all over the oceans in them.


 It was hard to get a good picture of them because of all the people. We did not go on them because you had to pay for it. I figured it was not worth paying to go stand on a boat :)





What was even more of a sight to see was the American Queen. It is the largest river steamboat every built. It was built in 1995 and is 418 feet long and 89 feet wide. It was huge! I would have loved to go inside it and see the rooms. I guess they tour up and down the Mississippi River during the summer months.








                                                        We had to take a selfie of course


To end our day we stopped for ice cream at The Pearl Ice Cream Parlor and Confectioner. It was so good.




So many flavors to choose from. Good thing I had a half hour wait in line to decide.


I am surprised I got out of there with just a small bowl of ice cream. I loved all the old fashion candy.


On to the next adventure...
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment