Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Lost and Found.....

In the year 2000 I was able to take a trip to Europe. We started in Germany going to Switzerland, Italy and ending in Paris. It was a great trip and I got to see a lot of beautiful things and managed to buy a few things along the way. 

Most of those things I bought are long forgotten or tossed away. But the one thing that I have always kept was a ring I got in Paris. We were leaving the Louvre and came across a small craft fair/market. While looking around I found the ring. It did not cost a lot of money, I think around $25.00. It was just a simple ring that I liked so I bought it. 

Well for the last 16 years I have worn the ring off and on. Sometimes for just a day and other times for months. About a month ago I noticed my wedding ring had a broken prong on it so I took it off. Since I have not had time to run to Mankato to get it fixed I decided to get my Paris ring out to wear. And that is when the search began. I went to where I thought it would be, in a small container that I keep a bunch of earrings and a couple of rings. My ring was nowhere to be found. I looked and looked everywhere I could think. I went through every purse, suitcase, drawer and closet. After that I started to accuse my kids of borrowing it and never returning it. And then I even accused my poor little granddaughter of maybe borrowing it....
It was lost, I could not find it. I looked everywhere....I was so sad. 

So now it is over a month later and I can't get over it. I thought I am going to look one more time. So I start in the beginning and go back to that little container full of earrings. I dump them all out and go through them one by one. And what do I find....My Paris ring all tangled up in a dangle earring that I never wear! I was so excited, I was reunited with my ring. So what was lost is now found and safely back on my finger. 




Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment