Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ready For It To Rain.......

 I finally got my rain jacket made! I got the fabric this spring and never had time to get it made until this past week. I figure now that I got it made we will not get any rain for a long time :)
 I still have to get the button and button holes done. I have to get some buttons bought so I know what size to make the button holes. I have never sewn with laminate fabric before, it made for a lot of extra steps. Since you cannot iron it every seam had to be sewn down. It was also lined so you basically make it twice and then sew it together.
                                           Here is a view of the back and the hood.
                                     It is a very fitted jacket so lots of darts in it.
                                 It even had pockets with a pleat in them.

I think it turned out very cute and fun. I will be styling when it rains out now.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment