Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"There's no way around grief and loss: you can doge all you want, but sooner or later you just have to go into it, through it, and, hopefully come out the other side. The world you find there will never be the same as the world you left." Johnny Cash




 Rick and I finally got to go see a movie. I am a total Hobbit/Lord of the Rings geek so I was super excited to go see the Hobbit. I am super glad to say that the move was great! I can't wait for the next part to come out. After seeing it I want to go back and read the book again. Rick was pretty much laughing at me after the movie because I was so excited about it. I know total geek!

So I have pretty much been avoiding the watching any news the last week because of the school shooting. It is just too sad. It hits everyone so close to home when someone goes into someplace that we all hope is a safe place for our children. I really hate the fact that people are posting all the dumb ass stuff on Facebook,  making dumb generalized statements about gun control and not having God in school anymore. It really has nothing to do with either of these things. I read a great sermon that was given at a church by one of the host of  My Talk . It was so well written and express what I think a lot of us our thinking. Please take a moment of your time and read it. I like everyone else is saying a prayer for those families that have lost a loved one......

Change of subject again...So I made some delish caramels the other day. I have always made them on the stove top and they always take forever to make because you have to cook them so slow. Well a friend of mine makes hers in the microwave so I asked her for her recipe. I was surprised to find out that it was pretty much the same recipe I use only you cook it in the microwave. So I gave it a try and was pleased that they taste just like the ones I cook on the stove top. I was not happy that while making them in the microwave I ended up having a mess to clean up because my bowl was not big enough so they overflowed. Well I decided that I wanted to make some chocolate caramels too so I figured I would divide this batch into two bowls so it did not overflow. Well I maybe should have been watching the time a little bit better and adjusting it to the fact that the batches were smaller.... I was cleaning up the kitchen as it was cooking and I looked up to see smoke pouring out of the microwave! Lets just say I was lucky that I did not start the microwave on fire. So after I got the smoke cleared out of the house I made another batch and this time I did not burn it....



Remember to hold the ones you love close, give them a hug and tell them you love them....no one is promised tomorrow.....

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment