Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Getting Ready For Christmas....

                                       Josie helping me make sugar cookies in her tutu
                                                Working hard on mixing it all up!
                                     Liam got to help with the frosting too
     Eli did not get to help with cookies but he sure likes to eat them! Notice Dexter waiting for Eli to drop the cookie...
                                                     My new Christmas Picture


I am done shopping for Christmas!!! I went on my annual MOA trip with the girls this past weekend and the little bit of shopping I had left to do is now done! Since I had so little shopping to do for others I had to do some shopping for me. I look at the Christmas pictures at Kirklands every year and think how nice they would look over the fireplace. Well this year when we were there they were all 40% off and I was looking at the one I really wanted and just could not decide if I should do it. The store clerk saw me looking and said she would give me another 15% off so I had to do it. I was sure Rick would not be happy with me but he loved the picture and put it up as soon as I got home with it. I am really glad I got it, I think it looks great.

After spending the weekend shopping I was really glad that I had two more days off of work. On Monday I got to babysit Josie and Eli all day and then Liam when he got done with school. I have not babysat them in a long time so it was fun to have them again. Josie was super excited when I told her we would make cookies as soon as Eli went down for his nap. She kept telling me it was his nap time :) We made sugar cookies and then when Rick picked Liam up from school we all frosted them. We had fun.

Yesterday I decided that I was going to do some baking for Christmas. I have not done much of it the last couple of years so I decided I would this year since I am hosting Christmas for Rick's family. I baked pretty much all day yesterday. I finished at 8:00 last night. I got everything done but the caramels I want to make. They are so good but they take forever to cook. Maybe on my next days off I will be able to get them done.

Now about the only thing I need to do for Christmas is wrap and finish painting the inside of Josie's doll house. Oh I guess I also need to finish my gifts for our Pinterest Christmas with the kids.

Hope you all enjoy 12-12-12
Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment