Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." -The Princess Bride

                             Rick made this cute cheese ball snowman for Christmas.
               Andrew and Kim making friends with Dexter at the Rugroden Christmas
                               Christa, Jese and Oliver at the Rugroden Christmas
                                                  Cassie and Nick at his graduation
                                                     The doll house is finally done!
         Cassie and Grandma wanted there picture taken and Grandpa thought he should be in it too.
             Christa thought she should join the picture of Josie and me also

                              Riley getting ready to open gifts at the Becker Christmas
               Josie decided that she could take a picture with Cassie at Christmas
Diane's family at the Becker Christmas
      Josie did not want any supper she just moved onto the ice cream and cookies....
               Sarah, Jon and the newest member of the family Kryan


So after a weekend of running Rick and I sat down to watch a little TV after getting home from Christmas at my mom's house. I was flipping through the channels and saw that The Princess Bride was on. To my surprise Rick said he had never seen it!!! I could not believe it! How could he have never see one of the best movies ever! So I made him watch it and of course he loved it too!!!

Well I guess I will tell you all about our Christmas weekend. It started on Friday when we went up to the cities to watch Nick graduate with a masters degree in business. He has worked hard on getting it and it has paid off with a new job that he started last week. Congratulations Nick! We all went out for a late supper after the graduation to celebrate.

Saturday we had the Rugroden family up to our house for our Christmas celebration. It was a good time and we all ate way to much. But it's okay since it is Christmas :)

Sunday we had a day off of celebrations so I spent almost the whole day finishing up Josie's doll house. It is a lot of work wallpapering a doll house! It think it turned out pretty good and I think she is going to love it. I am excited to give it to her.

Monday we went to New Richland to go to church with Rick's mom then we stopped at her house and had supper with her. After we got home we opened our gifts to each other. One of the things Rick got me was a cell phone cover made by a local company called Twig. It is really a neat cover and best of all he shopped local :)

Tuesday was we went to my Mom and Dad's house for the Becker Christmas. We were short a couple people because Adam, Eli and Nick were all sick. We did get to have CJ there for the first time so that was nice. By the time we got home we were both full and tired!

We have one more Christmas to go. On Sunday we are going up to Cassie and Nick's house for our Christmas with the kids. I am excited for the girls to get there gift. Christa almost found out what it was when she heard Nick's mom and I talking about it. Good thing she did not hear any of the important details......Now it is driving her nuts since she did hear that it has been a secret since August.....

Yesterday I managed to get all my Christmas stuff put away and get the house all cleaned. After I was done I went and picked up Liam, Josie and Eli so they could come play at our house. Liam wanted to come see me so I had to go get them :) Poor Eli is still not feeling go so shortly after he got there he went down for a nap.

After the kids left Rick and I went down to the range and shot for awhile. Rick changed the cams out on his old bow and got it to fit me so I am finally going to get a different bow. I have been shooting my bow for 6 years now. It sure felt odd to be shooting a different bow. I think I am going to like it once I get use to it. Best of all I now get to have cool string colors since this bow is white. My old bow is red and it was hard to have cool strings that matched red.

Today I am back at work :( It is always hard to come back after the holidays. Good thing I am only working two and a half days and then I am off for  5 days. Of course when I have to actually work 5 days in a row it will be hard.

Later Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment