Thursday, November 12, 2015

10 Months, 16 Days and 14 Hours.....




10 months, 16 days and 14 hours ago I started with zero miles on my Fitbit. Today right around 2:00 I made my goal of going 2000 miles by the end of the year.  I guess you could say I became a little obsessed with getting my steps in everyday. It started out with just being happy with 10,000 steps a day but quickly moved passed that. I hated it if I did not get at least 15,000 steps a day.  This summer was great, I walked nonstop averaging 8 miles a day.  I had several days that I walked over 13 miles in a day. I am on my third pair of shoes and have had more blisters on my feet then I could keep track of.  I loved every minute of it!







After all the walking and hiking this summer I started thinking about running again. One of my friends ran her first marathon this summer and it really got me thinking that I need to start running again. Three years ago when I ran my last half marathon I said I was never going to run big race again. So I pretty much stopped running at all. Well I was really starting to get the bug again even telling Rick I thought I would start running again. Well the day after I told him that I was walking with my half marathon shirt on from the Mankato half I ran when I man I had seen running stopped me and asked if I was going to run it this year. He said it was the first half he had ever run. I told him it was the last half I had ran and was thinking I needed to get back into running. He said to me "don't let the dream die" and that was it. I went home and told Rick it is a sign I need to start running again. The next day I went for a 4 mile run. It was like I had never stopped. It felt so good. I guess nonstop walking has gotten me in pretty good shape. So I have been taking it slow only running once or twice a week. I know from my past running that I cannot over do it or it will result in injury.

So now I have new goals.  I have to slow down on my steps if I want to keep running. I have been running a couple times a week and am going to start lifting again. I want to run another half marathon.... Now that the time has changed it is dark when I get home so I am on the treadmill again. That suck because it seems like it takes forever to go 3-5 miles. Walking and running outside is a lot more fun. I will still get outside as much as I can when the weather is nice.

So thats it. I am giving myself a pat in the back for sticking to it and making my goal.....now onto the next goal.....

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment