Monday, June 15, 2015

Making Time.....

                    I decided it is about time to make time to update my blog so here you go....

I asked Rick to make me a gate for the top of our stairs to keep the dogs upstairs. They are so bad when people come over for string orders. They bark and jump all over in excitement and fear.Once the people are in the house for a few minutes they are just fine. So now I can keep them away until they settle down. Rick made the gate out of a pallet he took apart. I sanded it just enough to get any splinters out and then varnished it to match the rest of the house. It looks great.


Rick got me a new toy. We had a weed whip that was old and heavy and was near impossible to start. I could never use it so the yard suffered. Christa told me to get one like hers so I checked it out and talked Rick into buying it for me. It runs on a rechargeable battery. It is super lightweight and works really good. I can do are whole yard on one charge. We have a lot of trees etc to go around so I am very happy with it. Rick is happy too because now I can do the weed whipping.


Jane, Paul, Rick and I went to see Bette Midler in St. Paul. Before the show we went to Great Water Brewery for supper. The concert was really good. Even Paul and Rick loved it. She is so funny and sings so good.


 I hate getting up early but every once in awhile as I drive into work I get the most beautiful show in the sky. The sunrise was unbelievable today. So for today it was worth being on the road at 5:00 in the morning.





Lastly I had a big milestone this weekend. I was able to walk over 30,000 steps on Saturday. I was excited to make the goal. It is just over 13 miles. I worked on Saturday and it  was graduation so I was running all over the place. I had over 20,000 steps before I got home. I knew I could get 10,000 more steps in so Rick and I took the dogs for a 5 mile walk and that put me over the top. I was excited. Now I need to have a new goal. I am thinking that I will try and get the 30,000 all in one shot. I figure if I walk around the lake which is 7 miles from our house and then just turn around and walk around it again I will be able to make 30,000.  I am very curious as to how long it will take me. I have really been getting the itch to start running again....maybe...

Sharon  

No comments:

Post a Comment