Friday, November 7, 2014

"Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting." ~Author Unknown


 Amy got a trunk full of fabric for free. She went through it and took what she wanted. Then she brought it over to me and I took what I wanted. The rest I took to my Mom's garage sale and gave it all away.
 I saw this plaid fabric and thought it would make some cute pajamas for the kids.  So Wednesday I whipped up some for Josie and Liam and yesterday I made Eli's. I think for free fabric they turned out pretty cute. They kids loved them. Sewing them was way easier then trying to get them to pose for the picture and not be silly.
The kids spent the night at our house last night because Amy had to work her evening shift ever!  Putting three kids to bed is a lot of work! Glad it was only for one night. Rick had to get them up and get them to school this morning since I leave for work at 5:00. He tells me he got them all to school on time :)

 My Christmas Cactus is in full bloom so Christmas must be right around the corner. I was a little worried about my plant because it was my Grandma Becker's plant and I never want to kill it. It had out grown it's pot and I had to replant it. I was so nervous that I would kill it. It usually has a bloom in June/July and this year it was very small. It was looking a little sickly for most of the summer and I was getting more and more nervous that it was not going to make it. But it came back and is now looking great.
I finally got our mailbox post painted. It was painted a ugly brown that was peeling off. It had been that way since we moved in 4 years ago. I had left over red paint from painting the front door so that is what color it gets to be. It looks much better now when I come home everyday.

Tonight I am going to Garth Brooks with Amy and Christa. We are very excited!

Have a great weekend!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment