Wednesday, June 14, 2023

"I travel because I’d rather look back at my life, saying ‘I can’t believe I did that’ instead of ‘if only I had' – Florine Bos

 


Last weekend we took a three day camping trip to Crow Wing State Park. We got there on Friday afternoon set up camp and then went for a hike.




I always try to look at pictures of the campsite before I book it to make sure it is pretty level and nice. Well I totally failed when it came to our site, number 42. It was so uneven and downhill! But the joys of having a camper van meant that we could park sideways in the site and we were level! Once we got parked we were actually happy with the site, it was nice and big. Also we did not bring Otis and Morgan with us on this trip!! We never camp without the dogs so it was weird to not have them. They got to spend the weekend with Christa and chase her cats around and play with her dog Coal. 



The trail was very pretty. We were on the Crow Wing river and Mississippi River. They have a really cool area on the trail that use to be the town of Crow Wing. They had a ton of information about the town. 




The mosquitoes were awful!! We had on bug spray but if you stop for more then a second they attacked!! Good thing I am a fast walker 😆



We saw this huge mushroom along the trail. I have not idea what kind it is but it looked pretty cool. 



The real reason we were in the area was so that Rick could shoot the MSAA State 900 round and the 50 meter. He got 1st place in the 900 round and 2nd place in the 50 meter. He shot great and had a lot of fun!! It is aways great to see our archery family. 

Enjoying life....

Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment