Sunday, April 30, 2023

“America, you great unfinished symphony, you sent for me. You let me make a difference. A place where even orphan immigrants can leave their fingerprints and rise up.”— Alexander Hamilton


I was having a pretty tough week last week and just when I needed it I got an invited to go see a play.  I was at work on Thursday afternoon when I got an unexpected text from a friend saying she had an extra ticket to see the play Hamilton on Saturday would I be interested in going. I did not even think about it I just said yes! It was exactly what I needed to get my mind off of life.  

I had not been to a play in theater district of Minneapolis since I had retired from my job at Carleton in 2018. I realize now how much I missed going to plays. I love the Orpheum Theatre.


It was a great night going with a friend and meeting two new women. We went out for supper before the show and had great conversations.  It was also the first time I have driven up to the area by myself. I have been to many shows in the area but have always had someone else with me. I was proud of myself for getting there, finding my favorite parking lot, walking and finding the restaurant and getting back home all on my own.  At 61 years old I figured it was about time to get over my anxiety of driving someplace on my own. 




 

The play was GREAT!! I would recommend it to everyone. Go see it!! Thank you so much to my friend Colette for the invite and the great company. 


Get out of your comfort zone....

Sharon  

No comments:

Post a Comment