Thursday, March 17, 2016

A new look....

It was time for a little paint update in our house. Everything was earth tones and I was sick of it. I wanted to lighten things up. So after two trips to the Sherwin Williams, several paint samples and almost killing each other over what colors to pick we had three colors we somewhat agreed on. We painted the kitchen, dinning room, living room and hallway. The entryway is yet to be done.


Here is a picture of the dining room color before. We also had the same color in the living room on the walls by the fireplace. As a bonus you get to see a cute picture of Josie.


The kitchen was painted a dark brown. I took the picture just before we started panting. It was always so dark with the dark walls and dark countertop.


                           What a difference a light color makes! I love the new bright look.


It is really hard to get a good picture that shows the true color of the paint. I guess if you really want to see it you will have to stop over and visit.





With new paint colors I had to get a new rug for under the dining room table. I had lots of Menards money so I got it for free!   I am going to recover the stools that sit by the counter to match the new decor also.


A little story about the two brown chairs that are by the table. I got them from my dad and mom. They have been in the basement at there house for a few years now and one day my mom asked me if I wanted them. I told her  no at the time because I did not have room for them. Well before Christmas I started thinking about them again and asked her if I could still have them.  So on my way home from work one day I stopped to get them. My dad then informed me if I was taking the 4 chairs I also had to take the matching rocking chair and a little folding table. It was either take it all or none! So it all came home with me. What I did not realize at the time was the chairs had been the chairs my dad had when he had been growing up. They were in my Grandma Becker's house. So now I am really glad that I have them. They have a story. Now every time I sit in them I think of my dad.


 Here are a couple pictures of the living room. Again hard to take a good picture with the light coming in from the windows. I took down the dark brown curtains that I had up and have not yet replaced them. I found some fabric that I really like and would like to make them but it is $20.00 a yard so I am thinking that is not going to happen.



                       You can see the little folding table in the corner that my dad made me take.


Yes that is a pineapple plant. I have it because 4 years ago my children did not believe me when I said you could grow one from the top of a pineapple you get in the store so I had to prove to them that I could.  Now if I could get it to produce a pineapple I would be really happy with it...


One last view of the living room, dinning room and the hallway.

I am very happy with our fresh look in the house!

Now what can I do next......

Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment