Sunday, February 7, 2016

Manners.....


While we were in Vegas Rick introduced me to a  man that had just won the shoot. We were in a group of people. As Rick introduced me to him before shaking my hand he took his hat off. I was so impressed by him doing it.  I cannot remember the last time a man has greeting me and taken his hat off. People forget what a showing of respect taking a hat off is. Now every time I see this man I am going to remember that he treated me with respect and think about what a nice guy he is.

It got me thinking about manners and etiquette. I am by no means a big etiquette person but I think we could all take a little from his example. It is so easy to forget the little things, saying thank you and your welcome, opening the door for someone or even just taking your hat off in greeting. How often do you see a person talking on there cell phone while being checked out at the grocery store and totally ignore the clerk.  It is just rude. People have gotten so impersonal with each other.  It is like manners do not exists anymore.

I love my cell phone and have been guilty of looking at it while with other people but I try to keep it in check. We were out to eat with some people the other day and two of the people had there phones sitting on the table the whole time. Really what is so important that you have to be looking at it the whole time we are eating and trying to visit. If you are looking at your phone paging though Facebook or playing some game you are not giving the people you are with your full attention. Once again it is just rude.  If your phone rings and it is important then excuse yourself and take the call. If it not important it can wait until you are done eating or visiting. Same goes for texting. Most of the time those text messages can wait.

We all need to work on being in the moment and being aware of what is going on around us and being polite to each other.



I am done with my rant now

Sharon





No comments:

Post a Comment