Thursday, March 5, 2015

“Individually, every grain of sand brushing against my hands represents a story, an experience, and a block for me to build upon for the next generation.” ― Raquel Cepeda,

 A few years ago when we were in Zion National Park I loved the color of the sand that was everywhere. I told Rick I was going to take some home. I had no idea what I was going to do with it I just knew I wanted some. Once I got home with it I put it into a bottle and put in on the fireplace mantel. And that was the beginning of my obsession with sand.

Now every time we go on a vacation I like to get a little bit of sand and bring it home. Mostly I get sand from State and National parks we have been at while camping. It amazes me all the different colors and textures of the sand.

It is a cheap way for me to keep a little something from all of our travels. Now every time I look at the mantel and see them there it brings back happy memories of the great trips Rick and I have taken together.

Sharon  

No comments:

Post a Comment